ReaGeniX Software Architecture is Easy-to-Test
Easier testing cuts costs and time-to-market
Testing especially in real-time-system business takes long and
causes significant costs. Easier testing means that the necessary
tests can be done in shorter time with less resources.
Traditional Real-Time Software is Notoriously Difficult to Test
Possible difficulties and some causes
- Unit testing requires writing lots of test stubs and a complex test
- Regression test is impossible or requires expensive devices.
- Performance testing requires complex arrangements.
- Concurrent execution of tasks causes random effects.
ReaGeniX Real-Time Software Units are Easy to Test
- ReaGeniX software architecture is of event-driven and
run-to-completion type. No difficult-to-test communication or
timing operations are seen inside the units.
- Units in ReaGeniX software architecture are functions.
They can be tested using ordinary regression test tools.
- A minimum test arrangement is a simple test main program where for
a test step:
- Load the unit state and inputs with proper values.
- Call the unit function.
- Check the unit state and outputs for required values.
- For performance testing of a unit all you need is to measure
the duration of a function call in the target hardware.
- Atomic processing of events by the units limits concurrency
effects. (This does not cause timing problems for higher priority
- Even tasks running under ReaGOS kernel are same kind of
ReaGeniX® is a trademark of OBP Research Oy.
Copyright © 1995-2010 OBP Research Oy.